Sunday 19 June 2011

Lonely Planet: Malay Phrase Book

In making my final (ish) preparations for departure from the UK to Malaysia (yippeeeee!!!!!!) I decided to purchase the Lonely Planet Malay Phrase book.

There are quite a few companies that offer CD based language courses and I have always found the Linguaphone courses to be very good. Well designed, well laid out, good supporting materials and reasonably priced. Unfortunately Bahasa Malay is not one of the languages they offer courses in (and neither do their main competitors) so, as a starter for ten, and for in between my attempts to learn Mandarin, I opted for this little book.

It seems quite comprehensive and well laid out and will certainly do until such stage as I get myself into a Bahasa Malay language course in Penang (assuming here I'll be able to find one!!!). At $8.99 from the US and £3.49 from the UK (at the time of writing) it seems quite good value. I have added it to the list of 'Useful Books'

No comments:

Post a Comment