Sunday 13 May 2012

Street Directory - Penang / Malaysia

While much of the time I tend to use Google Maps to find locations (and to provide snap-shot maps to help other find them), at times I do find the application lacks a lot of detail, particularly when looking for building names or sites etc.  I sometimes use Google Earth too but I often find the diagrams hard to discern detail, especially on small devices such as phones, with the grey colour of roads and buildings being barely discernible at times from the surrounding greenery and countryside, a particular problem if you require a zoomed out view.

More recently therefore I have begun using the excellent Streetdirectory.com.my site which I find provides a much greater level of detail.  A useful link to book-mark in my view and one which I have added to the 'Travel Links'.

No comments:

Post a Comment