Friday 7 February 2020

Time to move on

First post here in absolutely ages since my new adventures in Thailand and I've finally decided it's time to move on and make the move to Thailand permanent.  I still plan to retain my MM2H visa (well, 70% certain) and will still return to Penang to visit friends here (although many visit me in Thailand too) but there comes a point where splitting life between two countries becomes somewhat tiresome, for me anyway :)

As there will doubtless be many people who live in Malaysia either on work contracts / visas or under the MM2H programme who may also need to repatriate or just move on I thought it might be useful to post some of the useful information I discovered as I made preparations for the final move including such things as selling the condo, selling the car (purchased under the MM2H tax free scheme that existed prior to 2019, selling my bike, selling off many of the condo contents and closing down services etc.

So for those interested, watch this space and hopefully you'll pick up a few tips to make the process as painless as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment